120-HOUR TESOL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
To provide participants with the general skills to teach English at home and abroad..
In order to participate in the program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be educated to a University / Higher Education level.
- Be competent in English, both written and spoken.
- Hold a B2 / C1 proficiency certificate in English. (If not, participants can take a CTT placement test)
- Have an awareness of ICTs
Dates: August 2 – 8
Instructor: Mg. Dorys Cumbe
Introduction to TESOL & Effective Language Teaching
- What is TESOL?
- Teaching Philosophy
- Effective Teaching Strategies
- Teaching and Learning Styles
Dates: August 9 – 15
Instructor: Ekaterina Zueva
Language Skills in Language Teaching & Lesson Planning
- Teaching listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Second language acquisition
- Why are lesson plans important?
- Creating the Best Lesson Plans
Dates: August 16 – 22
Instructor: Hamilton Quezada
Teaching and technology
- Blended and Hybrid learning
- The flipped classroom
- Using online teaching resources and apps
Dates: August 23 – 29
Instructor: César Vergara
- Types of assessment: Diagnostic, Formative, Interim, and Summative.
- Assessment tools
- Providing feedback
Dates: August 2 – 29
Term: 120 h
Price: $200 USDs (10% discount for CTT / Uniandes teachers and groups)